Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
vinceneil666
Contributor

SSL VPN, routing of ip pool

Hi guys!

I have a SSL vpn on my Fortigate - the clients gets their ip addresses from a 192.168.x.x/24 pool. All fine.

I have a neighboring firewall that needs to learn that route over BGP. But... The route is not there - I dont have it in my routing table on either firewalls.. So. how do i get my ssl ip pool routed to other firewalls using bgp ?  :) anyone knows ? 

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First of all, you should have a static route in your FGT for 192.168.x.0/24 toward ssl.root interface. Then enable "redistribute static" in BGP config. If you don't want to redistribute all static routes into BGP, you can set filters w/ prefix-list and/then route-map.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First of all, you should have a static route in your FGT for 192.168.x.0/24 toward ssl.root interface. Then enable "redistribute static" in BGP config. If you don't want to redistribute all static routes into BGP, you can set filters w/ prefix-list and/then route-map.

vinceneil666

Hi, yes ofcourse - I got lost in where to actually put the static route. I added it now and my bgp redistributet it :) ..tnx

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors