Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
herta
New Contributor II

SSL VPN: no option to import certificate

I'm testing the FortiClient VPN app V6.4.3.0462 on Android. When I login to the VPN, I get a pop-up warning that the site's certificate is untrusted. According to the FortiClient Android Administration Guide (https://docs.fortinet.com...onnecting-to-the-vpn), it should give the option to Proceed, Cancel or Import Certificate. On my Android, I only see Cancel and Proceed.  (See screenshot attached.) If I proceed, disconnect and reconnect, I get the same message. So, is there another way to import the certificate?

Kind regards,

Herta

1 Solution
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Use the android certificate manager and import the trust-cert and mark it trusted.

Setting  > Security > Advance ( encryption and credentials )   and go from that point. I would send the cert via email ( assuming you have mail on the phone ) and save it.

Than find your cert install based on security from above.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

View solution in original post

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
4 REPLIES 4
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Use the android certificate manager and import the trust-cert and mark it trusted.

Setting  > Security > Advance ( encryption and credentials )   and go from that point. I would send the cert via email ( assuming you have mail on the phone ) and save it.

Than find your cert install based on security from above.

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
herta
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, Emnoc.

That's not going to be evident for end users with limited IT knowledge.  :-( Too bad they removed the Import Certificate option.  That looked a lot more user friendly.

emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't recall seeing a import on the android app now that I think about it. I just know that is how you install it

Ken Felix

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
FortiDave
New Contributor III

Hi, I have just implemented Azure SSO with Forticlient, and I am having the same issue with Android devices, it doesnt impact IOS. 

The certificate advised to import, is that from the Fortigate itself i.e. a specific VPN certificate?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors