Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
resler
New Contributor

SSL-VPN Warning for Fortigates with 2GB RAM

I was just in a fast track course as a fortinet partner and I was told by the host of the event, that the new G series version coming out and also upcoming firmware upgrades (SSL-VPN removal is for 7.6+) will have SSL-VPN removed if the fortigates have 2gb RAM and under.

Be warned.

https://xender.vip/
3 REPLIES 3
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

That would have a devastating impact. At least "=< 60F" would lose the feature. I'm wondering why they can't keep it with smaller models by limiting the max users.

Toshi

atakannatak
New Contributor III

Hi @resler ,

It seems to revolve around Fortigates with 2GB RAM or lower potentially losing SSL-VPN functionality with upcoming firmware upgrades, particularly version 7.6 and beyond. This could mean that users with these models might not be able to utilize SSL-VPN features after updating to the mentioned firmware versions.

IMG_7101.jpeg

BR.

If my answer provided a solution for you, please mark the reply as solved it so that others can get it easily while searching for similar scenarios.

Atakan Atak
Atakan Atak
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @resler ,

They just didn't remove SSL-VPN with the new version. With 7.4.4, proxy-based features (ZTNA, Server Load Balance, Proxy Based Policy etc.) will no longer be available on models using 2GB RAM.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.4/administration-guide/519079/proxy-related-feature...

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors