Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

SSL-VPN Cache clean

Hey folks. Have an issue with SSL-VPN on a Fortigate 50B. Everything is working normally, we can access the web gui and bookmarks work, etc. However, the instant we enable the " cache clean" setting for the user group, the web browser hangs when we attempt to logout of the SSLVPN (must kill the process to close the browser). This occurs with IE7, not Firefox, on multiple workstations. I have verified that logout functions normally without " enable cache clean" turned on. Any ideas? I' ve checked the knowledge base and these forums without any success. Thanks in advance!
6 REPLIES 6
Hracio
New Contributor

Trying to remember, i think i read in a release note about some fixes to ssl-vpn systems hanging-down Regards.
Not applicable

Let me know if you have any more specifics. Anyone else have any other ideas?
abelio

Anyone else have any other ideas?
I cannot reproduce the same error with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and MR5 patch1 in 100A for example. Maybe related with the size of ' Temporary Internet Files ' folder? I' ll re-try cleaning that folder before. Just an idea.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Hracio
New Contributor

Could be, doesn' t mention " cache clean" specifically. ftp://support.fortinet.com/FortiGate/v3.00/MR5/MR5_Patch_1_GA/FortiOS-v3.00-MR5-Release-Notes-Patch-Release-1.pdf 2.6 VPN Description: The SSL-VPN daemon may crash under certain scenarios when a tunnel is brough up. Models Affected: All Bug ID: 62130 Status: Fixed in MR5 – Patch Release 1. Be aware that im having some trouble to auth local users with this version, if you go for the upgrade, let me know.. always back-up first. Cya.
Not applicable

I can' t reproduce it in Firefox either, only in IE7 (Haven' t been able to try with IE6). Sorry if I wasn' t clear about that.
jasonb_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Load MR5 Patch 1 and see if the problem still exists. Unload all the SSL VPN plugins from IE, after you upgrade the FortiGate firmware you will be prompted to install new SSLVPN ActiveX plugins in IE.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors