Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
leduke
New Contributor

SMTP Flow blocked

Hello.

I've got a problem with a fortigate 60d 5.2.2. I've got a Exchange 2010 server, I cannot receive e-mail from external mail servers. My NAT rule on port 25 is OK. My policy is also good. I have no UTM profile activated on the policy rule. On the firewall custom security policy is applied with no Security Features "antivirus, Application controle, Email filter, Intruion Protection etc.. Are disable).

I can connect to the Exchange server using telnet on port 25, so the NAT (VIP) and access rules are OK.

Any idea ?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

This isn't much to go on, can you post (via screenshots) your fw policy information (san any identifiable IP addresses), including any address object labels and VIPS.

It would also help if you can provide any troubleshooting steps you have performed so far. (e.g. checking the Fortigate and Exchange logs for any unusually messages, checking those outside servers for any errors, etc.)  If your exchange server has an "outside" IP address or is using the Fortigate's IP, check the usually anti-spam sites (e.g. Spamhaus) to see if either IP address is blocked. Enabling the count column on your fw policy list to see which policies are being hit.

Try running debug flow, something like the following:

diag debug reset
diag debug flow filter addr <source IP address>
diag debug flow show console enable
diag debug flow trace start 100
diag debug en

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
Shawn_W

any update?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors