Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
talba
New Contributor

SD WAN configuration

Friends could give me their recommendations or suggestions for an SD WAN implementation.

In my fw it is planned to configure a sd wan, currently I have a WAN link that is associated with internet exit policies, publications and IPsec tunnels.

I was reading the KB since it will be the first time I will perform this configuration, however it is mentioned that I should eliminate all references to the WAN port.

If I delete everything I will not have access to the internet, the site to site tunnels will be down and the publications would be affected.

It is planned to perform this configuration remotely but if the policies are removed, I will not be able to access remotely.

Based on your experience, could you please give me recommendations to carry out this activity.

router login 192.168.l.l
3 REPLIES 3
sw2090
Honored Contributor

you do have to remove all references from the wan (afaik except from IPSec tunnels). You cannot create an sdwan member from your wan if it still has references.

So you will not be able to reconfigure to sdwan without a downtime.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @talba,

It is possible to migrate non-SD-WAN to SD-WAN. Please refer to this article: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-add-the-interface-in-SD-WAN-member-...

However, a maintenance window is still recommended and it is better to have someone onsite just in case something goes wrong. 

Regards,

VinayHM
Staff
Staff

Hi @talba 

You can add or remove the interface from the sdwan, no need to alter or delete any reference.

Please follow the below article for the same.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-add-the-interface-in-SD-WAN-member-...

Regards,

Vinay HM
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors