Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
random_guy
New Contributor III

Restore conf from USB - Error

Trying to restore a configuration from file to a pair of 60e but keep receiving the message below. I downloaded the config directly from a production device so I *know* its good. Have tried on 2 different 60e. 2 usb drives. Factory reset both firewalls.  Firmware is the same level on the device as on the config. Google shows virtually nothing for the return code. I'm lost here. 

FGT60 # exec restore image usb config.conf
This operation will replace the current firmware version!
Do you want to continue? (y/n)y

Please wait...

Copy image config.conf from USB disk ...
Get image from USB disk OK.
Check image error.
Command fail. Return code -28

1 Solution
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

You're using the wrong command to restore a config.  You're using the command for restoring firmware.  When in doubt, use a "?"

If you do a "?" after execute restore you'll see the options and the one you want.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lobstercreed
Valued Contributor

You're using the wrong command to restore a config.  You're using the command for restoring firmware.  When in doubt, use a "?"

If you do a "?" after execute restore you'll see the options and the one you want.

random_guy

Welp, I'm dumb.... 

Thanks

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Or use the usb auto restore feature. Then you just need to plug a stick with the coonfig on it with the correct filename and reboot the fgt with the stick plugged in and will auto restore that config.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
sw2090
Honored Contributor

nt

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors