Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Regexp with dictionary profile

Hello all, I' d like test filtering of banned words using regexp in certain parts of the incoming mails (subject, body, etc aka fortigate) As fortimail banned word AS setting doesn' t support regular expressions, it seems necessary to define that within dictionary profiles. But, my question now is: how to restrict the filter to the subject for example? I mean, let' s assume you' ve a regexp with the pattern: v[i1]agr?a and you populate your dictionary with it, and configure a dictionary profile with that in your incoming email AS profile. I cannot find how to restrict this filter to the email subject for example. I hope be enough clear with the description. Any hints? regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
3 REPLIES 3
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Update: Available (header, body, etc) in 4.0

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
TopJimmy
New Contributor

and I' m told in 4.2 (I think) it will be able to scan attachments as well as body, header, etc.
-TJ
-TJ
abelio

Hello,
ORIGINAL: TopJimmy and I' m told in 4.2 (I think) it will be able to scan attachments as well as body, header, etc.
i was talking about FortiMail; indeed, firmware version 4.0x for FortiMail solved scanning email parts for banned words using regexp in dictionary profiles. Last firmware for FortiMail is 4.0.4 (build 138) released one month ago aprox. regards,

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors