Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jr14
New Contributor III

Redistribute BGP-TO-OSPF using route map

I am redistributing BGP into OSPF, but I would like to know if it is possible to redistribute to a specific neighbor i mean not to all ospf FGT in the same area 

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First of all "redistribution" is between different protocol like BGP to OSPF, OSFP to BGP, static route into BGP, and so on. Not to a protocol's neighbor. That's inside of one protocol.

BGP can advertise routes regardless if it's BGP routes or redistributed from other protocol like OSPF to specific BGP neighbors with route-maps. But OSPF's route advertisement is decided by area boundaries and LSA types of the routes. You generally can't control route advertisement per neighbor.

If you have to, consider using BGP throughout your network.

Toshi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maulishshah
Staff
Staff

Hi @jr14

Yes, you can re-distribute your route using a route map. 

Here is the reference document, this would help you

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Redistribute-BGP-routes-learnt-through-dif... 

Maulish Shah
Toshi_Esumi
SuperUser
SuperUser

First of all "redistribution" is between different protocol like BGP to OSPF, OSFP to BGP, static route into BGP, and so on. Not to a protocol's neighbor. That's inside of one protocol.

BGP can advertise routes regardless if it's BGP routes or redistributed from other protocol like OSPF to specific BGP neighbors with route-maps. But OSPF's route advertisement is decided by area boundaries and LSA types of the routes. You generally can't control route advertisement per neighbor.

If you have to, consider using BGP throughout your network.

Toshi

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors