Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ReneW
New Contributor II

Quarantine report for multiple recipients into one EMail

I am looking for a possibility to get only one quarantine report for multiple recipients.

Lets say i have:

support@xyz.com
info@xyz.com
webmaster@xyz.com

What i found is that it ist possible to have the additional adresses as user alias in FortiMail to route them all to the main addresse support@xyz.com.

But if i want to route the info@xyz.com in the backend mailserver to different user mailboxes than the webmaster@xyz.com this ist not an option because FortiMail is transferring all mails to support@xyz.com.

Then i thought secondary accounts in the user preferences might be the right method to do what i want but i think it is not. This enables one user to administer the bulk mail folder from different users but it does not combine all the quarantined mail headers into one report.

If i use the "Quarantine Report Setting" in the "Domain" and set it to "Other Recipient" and a fixed address i will get many single quarantine report emails for every address instead of one report with all new quarantined mail headers together.

Is there any way to get what i want?

The Email Template has a column variable %%ORIG_ENVELOPE_TO%% so i hope it is possible.

2 REPLIES 2
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

One possibility to accomplish that:

Domain & User > User Preference

Look for support@xyz.com and edit it; you should see an editable item "Secondary accounts"

Edit it and add info@ , webmaster@ as secondary accounts
All quarantined messages of those secondary accounts will be managed by support@xyz.com.

It's more straightforward approach imho

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
ReneW
New Contributor II

Hello Abelio,

thank you for your suggestion.

Is it right that the main user support@xyz.com does not receive a combined quarantine report for himself an the secondary accoounts? He will receive 3 reports, one for every secondary account?

And he does not get all quarantined mail in one list, he has to switch between the accounts to see the bulk mails from the other adresses?

What i like to have is one report for all adresses.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors