Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Zaq
New Contributor II

Problem with connection to external website via ssl web mode

Hi,

I have a problem connecting to an external website via ssl web mode. To connect to this site I need to use the company's IP address (WAN). Computers running on a LAN connect to this website without any problems. I need to make this site available to employees who work outside the company. I came up with using ssl web mode for this. Just like in the picture.example2.PNG

The problem is that this does not always work. Sometimes it works correctly, and sometimes it displays this message.

ssl proxy error.PNG

When it works correctly, this is the log

Zaq_0-1641553124418.png

When it does not work correctly, this is the log (Proxy Error)

Zaq_1-1641553216438.png

On ssl tunnel mode it works always, but on ssl web mode only sometimes - it uses the same policy.

I don't know why in web mode ssl doesn't always work.

Is using web ssl mode a good idea? How do you guys solve such topics?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Zaq,

Welcome to Fortinet community and Thank you for your post. Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and doing well!

In the logs do you see any policy related details like policy ID or name that traffic uses when it works and doesn't works. It seems like it could be due to the policy mismatch intermittently. If the logs doesn't say much we can run debugs to find the policy traffic hits during the non working condition.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors