Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortinetRIT
New Contributor

Problem with FortiClient VPN 7.0.3 on few Windows Pc's

Hi

We have upgraded from version 6.4.8 to version 7.0.3 in the hopes that Azure SAML (SSO) would work.

In Mac OS it works as expected and connects with no issues.

On Windows it seems that for three out of a total number of 50+ computers, the user can press "SAML Login" and then the button stays pressed and nothing else happens. No errors pop-up and nothing is listed in the Event Viewer.

I haven't been able to find any logs telling me why it never succeeds or returns with an error.

Has anybody else seen this error?

If we try version 7.0.2 of FortiClient VPN, we get an error instead. I will try and see if i can get a screenshot of the error.

2 REPLIES 2
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

You could try to use a different version of the FortiClient. See whether a 6.4 does the trick.

Best regards,

Markus

FortinetRIT
New Contributor

I have tested 7.0.2 and 6.4.8, 6.4.7 and down until 6.4.2. All of these gives a pop-up saying something similar to "unsupported response from https://vpn.xxx.xxx:443/"., xxx is of course replaced with the actual URL. This makes me wonder, since a lot of clients have no issues with connecting using 7.0.3 and on Mac OS it works fine for 7.0.2 as well as 7.0.3. Is there any other version of agent i should try?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors