Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Masismo
New Contributor

Problem instance 0 changed state from forwarding to discarding

Hi I have this problem and I can't figure it out, I attach the infrastructure diagram.
Fortilink active and both switches are managed, I state everything worked normally, client/server/trunk vlan etc..
the problem occurs on the ISP prvider's router backup connection.

I have two ISP routers a primary and a secondary both connected to the access port of the two VLAN9 switches, then there is a trunk port that connects to the WAN1 of the primary fgt and the backup fgt (active passive configuration), when connected the backup router port this one keeps going up and down i tried everything remove edge, stp change cables and physical port but nothing, what can i check?

Thanks for support

all devices are updated to the latest stable firmware

image_fortlink (9).png

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Masismo,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Masismo,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Just to be clear, port 43 to ISP backup router is bouncing all the time? Or only in some failover scenario?

Does the backup router port bounce regardless of where it is plugged into? What if you plug it directly into the FortiGate?

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors