Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
DamianE
New Contributor III

Policy monitoring through SNMP

It is possible to monitor the number of active sessions through a specific policy using SNMP?

Like its shown in the fortiview.

Screenshot_20230919-170919.png

I couldn't find the right OID in the MIB file. 

The finaI result is to to take an alert if the session count falls in an specifict policy

1 Solution
ebilcari

The full OID should be like this: .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.5.1.2.1.1.4.1.6  where .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.5.1.2.1.1.4.1[.6] the number "6" is the policy ID 

policy ID.PNG

The OID value:  09/29/2023 14:24 (20 second(s) ago)

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sjoshi
Staff
Staff

Dear DamianE,

All the possible OID can be download from FGT and you can use tool to retrieve those OID

Below is one of the example on how to check the OID

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-The-correct-OID-to-monitor-each-interface-....

Salon Raj Joshi
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

It appears that this is not implemented in the SNMP agent. Currently the only information available for policies are bytes and packets count and the last used timer.

If you think that this values should be included as an OID, I would suggest to submit a NFR over your local Fortinet representatives.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
DamianE
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply, these are the OIDs tha you talking about, right?

image.png

I try to use these OIDs to get the same conclusion for now, but it will be very helpfull if we have the specifict OID for that in a future.

ebilcari

Yes, I think: fgFwPolLastUsed -  .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.5.1.2.1.1.4  {How many minutes since last used} can give an alert on the monitoring system if one of the policies is not being used for a long time, similar result like the count drop you are trying to achieve.

- Emirjon
DamianE
New Contributor III

I make a walk to the header of the table (1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.3.2.1) and only return one row....

image.png

Do you know what i could to add to de OID to consult the information for the policy ID 2 or 3 for example?

ebilcari

The full OID should be like this: .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.5.1.2.1.1.4.1.6  where .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.5.1.2.1.1.4.1[.6] the number "6" is the policy ID 

policy ID.PNG

The OID value:  09/29/2023 14:24 (20 second(s) ago)

- Emirjon
DamianE
New Contributor III

I understand now, thanks!!!

So if in the future could add de session count for the it's would be great!!!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors