Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ANKV24
New Contributor II

PoE consumption for FAP-431G

Hello, 

I´m looking for statistics on PoE consumption for the FAP-431G. How much does such an AP consume on avarage? Not many APs actually consums at max PoE.

Thanks!

EAK
EAK
3 REPLIES 3
dbu
Staff
Staff

As per datasheet this model use up to 31.7 Watts.  

Have a look a the datasheet below:

https://www.fortinet.com/content/dam/fortinet/assets/data-sheets/fortiap-series.pdf

Regards!
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
ANKV24
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for the response. I´ve checked the values in the datasheet and that isn´t what I´m looking for. The value I´m interested in is the average PoE consumption during a work week from an installation of a WLAN built of FAP-431G. 

EAK
EAK
ebilcari

It will depend on your environment and the power used by the radios. With normal usage, the model FAP421E that I have running haven't ever exceed 10W consumption.

If you are tight on PoE budget, I would suggest that in calculations to not go lower than 75% of maximum requirements usage for each AP.

Keep in mind also that in events of power failure/restart of the switch, if the PoE budget is limited not all the APs will come up immediately. At startup full PoE (based on supported protocol) will be granted to ports that have higher priority. The other ports will not be powered until a recalculation is done by the switch.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors