Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
guilhermehenrique
New Contributor II

Physical AP error on deleting WLAN Interface/ AP fail to delete WLAN Interface

Anyone know the solution and the reason to the fail of FortiAP on deleting WLAN Interface?

Physical AP error on deleting WLAN Interface/ AP fail to delete WLAN Interface

logdesc="Physical AP error" action="ap-error" reason="80211 WLAN DEL errormsg="Error happened on AP13."
logdesc="Physical AP error" action="ap-error" reason="80211 WLAN DEL errormsg="Error happened on AP13."

logdesc="Physical AP join" reason="N/A" msg="AP AP13 joined :D"
logdesc="Physical AP leave" action="ap-leave" reason="AP reset" msg="AP AP13 left."
logdesc="Physical AP reset" action="ap-reset" reason="N/A" msg="AP AP13 was reset."
logdesc="Physical AP fail" action="ap-fail" reason="ECHO REQ is missing" msg="Failure happened on AP13."

I'm using, at 2024 APRIL, a Cluster of 2 FortiGate FG100F and FortiAP FortiAP231F(s) with firmware v7.4.3 and v7.4.2 respectival

The ERROR on FortiAPs happen in the activation of the Passive FortiGate, with the Principal FortiGate, the FortiAPs works.
Effectively,

Guilherme Henrique
Professional Network Manager

Preserve the Forests
Effectively,Guilherme HenriqueProfessional Network ManagerPreserve the Forests
4 REPLIES 4
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

What is different about AP13?  Why is it resetting?  What does the uptime show?  does the AP actually reboot?  What do the switch logs say where the AP is physically connected?

guilhermehenrique

@adambomb1219 The APs was offline and the Wi-Fi Networks weren't transmited.

FACTS

1. The APs was acessible by SSH and HTTPS;
  2. They still powred on;
  3. The FortiGate Controller could reset, leave, and join the APs;
  4. The FortiGate Controller couldn't on AP "DEL the WLAN".

The main error on trace log is logdesc="Physical AP error" reason="80211 WLAN DEL error";

Now, at April 24 2024, after a restart of the FortiGates at April 19, the FortiGates are controlling the FortiAPs.

I settup both FortiGates like principal one time until today.

April 18 2024 - FortiGate Wi-Fi Controller fail.
April 19 2024 - FortiGate restart and FortiGate AP control restabilishment.
April 24 2024 - FortiGate Wi-Fi Controller still working very well.

Effectively,

Guilherme Henrique

Preserve the Forests
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @guilhermehenrique,

I think it matches a bug ID 1001104. For a workaround, you can run this command "exe wire list-wtp-image" on the secondary FortiGate and if you get outputs, you can remove them using this command "exe wire delete-wtp-image all". This bug will be fixed in 7.4.4. 

Regards, 

guilhermehenrique

Actualy my FortiAP231F was leaving, joing and reseting correct. The FortiGate Controller leave, join and reset the APs in the some situations of FortiAP error, like 80211 WLAN DEL error (Log ID 0104043613).

I setted up no images to upgrade the APs O.S.

and the firmware are already the lastv7.4.2.

Effectively,

Guilherme Henrique

Preserve the Forests
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors