Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
aschuh
New Contributor

Not allowed to uninstall FortiClient 6.0.8.0261, even with admin rights, on Win 10 Home

Hello,

I tried in many ways to uninstall the version 6.0.8.0261 of FortiClient, installed on my laptop with Windows 10 Home, with the admin rights. But I'm simply not allowed to do it ! I even tried to do it directly through the win registry. It often says that I try to do it without admin rights, but it's false !

I need your precious help please !

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
kgeorge
Staff
Staff

Hello,

You can use the FC Removal Tool available in support.fortinet.com portal. 

The path is, in support.fortinet.com portal, go to Support tab/Firmware Download, select FotiClient as product, navigate to OS folder and 6.0.9 folder and download "FortiClientTools_6.0.9.0277.zip".

Extract the files and you can see "FCRemove" image. Use that to completely remove FortiClient.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Klint George

Regards,
Klint George
DanL
New Contributor

Great, but, when you go to that page - after creating an account - it says:

Sorry, you don't have any product covered by Fortinet support contract.

Please contact Fortinet partners to purchase Fortinet support contract or Fortinet customer service team at cs@fortinet.com.

I don't own the product because it was installed by a client that I had over a year ago.

Thanks, Dan

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors