Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JohnDoe1
New Contributor

No features visible on endpoint client on macOS

Hi Guys,

So I have migrated our on-prem to forticloud and did some tests with several macbooks however on the endpoint client I cannot see the feature list anymore like the tab for on-demand AV scanning, vulnerability scanning, sandbox, webfilter etc..

Every feature that I am looking for is turned on in the policies, the installer feature select and the license feature select.. so far as I know are these 3 the only places to turn these features on and off but still somehow the only tab I have on the endpoint client is the "telemetry" tab, the "VPN" tab (which works fine) and the "About" tab but the rest is missing.

Knipsel.PNG

I tested if for example the webfilter works and everything is fine in the background so that means that the features are doing their job but simply are somehow hidden on the client...

1. EMS has a valid connection, when I freshly connect a client the features pop-up for 1 second then disappear.

2. On the EMS itself it shows that the endpoint clients has a antivirus signature with the latest version.

3. Im using FortiClient 7.0.8.

4. See the picture below the Remote access (which is visible) is green the others are grey even when they are installed and turned on in the policy profile, installer features and license feature select, the vulnerability scanner is green in the picture but not visible on the client either....

Knipse2l.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello John,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello John,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello John,

I m providing the FortiClient cloud deployment Guide:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/156ed412-9208-11e9-81a4-005056...

It can be helpful to reply to your questions.

Regards,

Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi JohnDoe1,

I know this looks like a managed client, but from the behavior, it looks like this is an unmanaged client, or the client thinks this would be the case. In such cases you see only VPN, About and telemetry.

Do you have a successful EMS connection on the FortiClient dashboard?

Best regards,

Markus

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors