Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LD
New Contributor II

Network error. Can not connect to VPN server in Mac OS

Hello,

I have a problem with Forticlient VPN connection. When i try connect to server i got massage "Network error. Can not connect to VPN server". I'm using domain name in Remote Gateway. If I use the IP address everything is ok.

Mac OS 13.3.1 (but it already happened to me in previous versions)

FortiClient VPN for Mac 7.0.7.0245 (but it already happened to me in previous versions)

FortiGate 60F 7.0.11 (but it already happened to me in previous versions)

Ping by domain name works ok, access by web browser by domain name works ok.

A Windows computer on the same network as the Mac connects perfectly by domain name.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you,

2 Solutions
kvimaladevi
Staff
Staff

Hi LD,

We are seeing "SSL_accept failed" error. Could you confirm if you are getting the certificate warning when using FQDN?

From MACOS 10.15 and above, there are new security requirements for Apple devices:
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT210176

Regards,
Vimala

View solution in original post

LD
New Contributor II

The solution is to buy an ssl certificate since otherwise Apple devices updated to the latest versions of operating systems do not connect. We added a certificate to our Fortigate and now everything works fine. Thank you

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
CatInHat
New Contributor III

Check your Mac's DNS settings to see if there are domain name resolution issues. Ensure that the domain name is configured correctly on the remote gateway and that there are no network or firewall issues on your FortiGate router. Also, given that the domain name connection works on a Windows computer on the same network, it might be worth checking your routing and firewall settings on your Mac.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors