Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tandra
New Contributor

Need guidance regarding configuring a fortigate firewall on fortigate VM64-AWSondemand

I am not being able to create physical  interfaces.

Where can I find some documentation please....

The virtual machine has Fortios 6.0 on it.

As part of migration of the company's firewall from Dell Sonicwall to Fortigate, trying to configure on virtual machine.

This is my first time with such a project..

Thanks in advance for any words of advice

3 REPLIES 3
Tandra
New Contributor

Actually the sys admin could add the interfaces.

Sorry to bother...

sw2090
Honored Contributor

The best Documention is probably the FortiNet Cookbook available on Fortinet's Website (http://cookbook.fortinet.com/)

Also there is the online help.

Physical Interfaces cannot be created for they are physical ;) You can instead add one to your vm in your vm's properties in your hypervisor. 

Inside a FortiGate you could only create virtual interfaces or trunks (if supported by this FGT).

The standard VMWare Template you can get on the Fortinet Site already has like 10 phyical Interfaces in it which you can configure on the virtual FGT then.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Tandra
New Contributor

Thanks sw2090.

Yes on the Virtual Firewall the interfaces were added ...

Also trying to understand what purpose alias serve when we also have a set description command...

Does it help the fortigate inventorise all configured interfaces...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors