Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ush0o
New Contributor

Need a recommendation.

Hi ALL, 

I need some recommendations , I have to create a network infrastructure setup for a company with 150 users. 

Now i have Fortigate 300e with 20 cisco catalyst 2960L switches and WLC cisco 3500 series with cisco 2801 series access points.  Would this be a good Idea to use these devices? are they compatible with each other ? any issues reported ? any recommendations before going to setup this infrastructure would be a great help. 

thanks

Usman Ali

1 Solution
Alexis_G
Contributor II

Provided that you will create VLANs on Fortigate and through VLAN trunk you will connect to switches , nothing to worry about.

For WLC dont expect any interoperability  with fortigate. For sure you can connect it in an access or trunk port. Up to there nothing more (like FortiAP).

Cisco 2831 normally you dont need it at all. Fortigate can be used to route traffic between VLANs. Except you need some specific WAN interface (ie: DB60, G704,,,,,,,, )

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

View solution in original post

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
2 REPLIES 2
Alexis_G
Contributor II

Provided that you will create VLANs on Fortigate and through VLAN trunk you will connect to switches , nothing to worry about.

For WLC dont expect any interoperability  with fortigate. For sure you can connect it in an access or trunk port. Up to there nothing more (like FortiAP).

Cisco 2831 normally you dont need it at all. Fortigate can be used to route traffic between VLANs. Except you need some specific WAN interface (ie: DB60, G704,,,,,,,, )

--------------------------------------------

If all else fails, use the force !

-------------------------------------------- If all else fails, use the force !
ush0o
New Contributor

thanks for the recommendation. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors