Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
choll
New Contributor

NAT after server migration

Hello everyone!

Maybe some of you guys have an idea on how to accomplish this:

There are three sites each connected via site to site. Let's just say site A, B and C.

The DNS server will be moved from site A to site B. There it will get a new IP address. The problem is, that many clients have statically configured the server with the old IP as DNS server. My long-term plan is of course to change every client's DNS server to the new IP, but for the short-term, the solution I was thinking about is DNAT, so when the clients from site A, B and C are trying to access the old server ip, the Fortigates will DNAT to the actual new IP.

I tried setting up two VIPs on site A (since the traffic will arrive here since the routes stay the same for the old server ip subnet), with the interface being the ipsec interface for each site B and C but I couldn't since FortiGate would complain about overlapping IPs.

If there's a way to NAT directly on each site (also site B since the clients still have the site A's server IP configured), I couldn't figure it out...

I hope ya'll know what I mean.

Thanks in advance!

omegle xender
1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Choll

Can you try create just one VIP with interface "any" instead of creating two VIPs with tun-B and tun-C as interfaces?

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors