Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Law_Kumar
New Contributor

NAT Issue

Hi, We have Fortigate 300C. One of the system have sql client installed on it which connects to SQL server with public IP which is at a different location. Yesterday I allowed RDP for this system by Static NAT with one of the public IP available at my location. When I did enabled the policy for the static NAT from outside --> sql client system, my sql client is not connecting to the sql server. But when I disable the NAT policy it starts working. Kindly help.
Best Regards, Law
Best Regards, Law
7 REPLIES 7
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Can you post your relevant configuration please: - WAN interface IP and netmask - VIP for RDP access - policies: int->WAN to server and WAN->int for RDP

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Law_Kumar
New Contributor

Hi ede, Here' s the required details, -WAN interface IP and Subnet, ==[port2] mode: static ip: 115.113.189.2 255.255.255.192 ipv6: ::/0 status: up speed: 100Mbps (Duplex: full) -VIP for RDP Access config firewall vip edit " 192.168.11.76_13.249" set extip 115.113.189.28 set extintf " port2" set mappedip 192.168.13.249 next -Internal to WAN (to sql server) Policy config firewall policy edit 28 set srcintf " port1" set dstintf " port2" set srcaddr " VM_192.168.13.249" set dstaddr " 80.71.225.53:28666" set action accept set schedule " always" set service " 28666" " Allowed_Services" set logtraffic enable set nat enable next - WAN to Internal (sql client PC) Policy config firewall policy edit 31 set srcintf " port2" set dstintf " port1" set srcaddr " all" set dstaddr " 192.168.11.76_13.249" set action accept set status disable set schedule " always" set service " ANY" set logtraffic enable next I have diabled policy 31 WAN to Internal currently for sql client to server connectivity. When enabled my connectivity goes down.
Best Regards, Law
Best Regards, Law
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Your config looks OK. As you are only forwarding RDP you could modify the VIP to be portforwarding: ext port: 3389 mapped port:3389 and ' set service RDP' in policy 31. And re-test. The only other reason for a malfunction I can think of is on the client itself.

Ede

Law_Kumar

Thanks a lot Ede. The issue has resolved.
Best Regards, Law
Best Regards, Law
Law_Kumar
New Contributor

Thanks Ede. I' ll test it tomorrow and will let you know.
Best Regards, Law
Best Regards, Law
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Super! For all that follow this thread: was it resolved because of additional port forwarding, or for other reasons?

Ede

Law_Kumar

It was resolved because of additional port (RDP) forwarding. I was allowing any traffic from outside, due to which the SQL traffic was coming via another Public IP and SQL client was not able to connect.
Best Regards, Law
Best Regards, Law
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors