Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Duka
New Contributor II

Multiple IPSec VPN for using zones

Hi Everybody,

some time ago I have done a network segmentation in the headquarters based on zones (client, voip, server) and numerous policies. Now I have to do the same in a remote seat (IPSEC VPN). The remote seat  have the same logic as the main office, although not all VLANs are necessary (only client, VOIP). All routing between the VLANs is done at headquarters.

I would like to avoid the following solution

• Using multiple interfaces in the policies because i lose the "Interface Pair View".
  • Duplicate policies (this makes administration more complex)

my idea
Multiple IPSec VPNs (with diffrent public IPs in the main site - parameter "set local-gw") - one VPN per VLAN, whereby its interface can then be added to the corresponding zone and the existing rules are then used automatically.

Since I don't have a test environment, I wanted to ask beforehand whether this is even possible (routing..) or whether I've overlooked something here?

Graphic for better understanding.

image.png

Thanks in advanced for your help

Regards
Patrick

1 Solution
Duka
New Contributor II

Hi,

the connection is now working as expected. As written by both of you, i also had to add the static routes (same priority) so that the connection works from the main office.

Key Elements to solve this problem:
-Multiple IPSec VPNs with Tunnel Interface IPs on both sides
-Policy Route on Remote Site - One per VLAN on Remote Site (Gateway = IP of VPN Interface on MainSite)
-Static Routes on Remote and Main Site
-Some policies to allow traffic

Many thanks to both of you

Regards
Patrick

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Duka
New Contributor II

Hi,

the connection is now working as expected. As written by both of you, i also had to add the static routes (same priority) so that the connection works from the main office.

Key Elements to solve this problem:
-Multiple IPSec VPNs with Tunnel Interface IPs on both sides
-Policy Route on Remote Site - One per VLAN on Remote Site (Gateway = IP of VPN Interface on MainSite)
-Static Routes on Remote and Main Site
-Some policies to allow traffic

Many thanks to both of you

Regards
Patrick

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors