Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
b34rded-1der
New Contributor II

Move new policy to top

Hi All, 

I'm familiar with the CLI commands to move policy IDs before or after another specific ID, but is there a way to script a move a newly created policy to the top, regardless of what the other IDs are? 

I'm trying to create a script to add an ISDB block rule to the top of every policy list on about 40 FortiGates via FortiManager scripts, because this environment isn't yet using standardised policy sets so IDs differ from location to location. 

e.g. below:

# creating a new policy is simple enough:
config firewall policy
edit 0
set name "** Block IP Reputation DB **"
set srcintf "any"
set dstintf "any"
set srcaddr "all"
set internet-service enable
set internet-service-name "Botnet-C&C.Server" "Malicious-Malicious.Server"
set schedule "always"
set logtraffic all
next

# But here is where I'd like to avoid making 40 manual changes:
move !bottom to !top
end

Has anyone had this use case or something similar before?

1 Solution
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no such way, unless you manually put it above the rule that permits the traffic after you create it, which you already have experienced by moving it from CLI or GUI.

If you have FMG, then a easy way to do it would be to put this deny rule in the Global Database > Firewall Header Policy and then assign it to the ADOM/Policy Package.

geek

View solution in original post

geek
3 REPLIES 3
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no such way, unless you manually put it above the rule that permits the traffic after you create it, which you already have experienced by moving it from CLI or GUI.

If you have FMG, then a easy way to do it would be to put this deny rule in the Global Database > Firewall Header Policy and then assign it to the ADOM/Policy Package.

geek
geek
b34rded-1der

Thanks @funkylicious 

That's what I thought might be the case.

Unfortunately, the customer has many conflicting security profiles and SSL-VPN web profiles, so we can't yet use the manager to push down the header policy. Resolving these is a work-in-progress. 

I was hoping someone had some FMG script variable magics to play with, but this may have to be a manual change for now. 

I'll keep this open for a couple of days, and if nobody else has a miracle suggestion I'll mark yours as the solution. 

sw2090
Honored Contributor

Basically there is this:

move <policyid> <before/after> <policy id>

However it requires you to have the policy id. If you use "edit 0" to create to policy you willl not know the actual policy id of your new policy in your script...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors