Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Romulo
New Contributor II

Monitoring of FortiGuard Update on Firewall Fortigate

Hi,

I would like if possible monitoring the comunication of the Fortigate with the FortiGuard. We have had problems with a firewall that was 30 days without comunicate with the FortiGuard and stopped working. We want monitoring this check.

FortiGate 

Romulo Nascimento
Romulo Nascimento
1 Solution
AlexC-FTNT

You could use some OIDs from this tree: .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.6.3.2.2.1

For example, .7 would give you information in case the servers are not reachable

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Generally, monitoring is done by FortiManager, or a 3rd party software (through ICMP traps, polling).

Without the need to log in and check, the monitoring on the FortiGate itself would be done through automation stitch, triggering for example an email when a certain log is seen, or when license is expiring:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Use-FortiGate-automation-stitches-for-aler...

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Romulo
New Contributor II

Thanks for your answer,

I would like monitoring by my monitoring server but i didn't find ont the MIB this OID or other option related.

Romulo Nascimento
Romulo Nascimento
AlexC-FTNT

You could use some OIDs from this tree: .1.3.6.1.4.1.12356.101.4.6.3.2.2.1

For example, .7 would give you information in case the servers are not reachable

Romulo
New Contributor II

Thank you very much!

Your answer was very useful. We think that fgSystemInfoAdvanced.3.2.2.1.6.14 and others are what we were looking for. The commands "diagnose autoupdate status" and "diagnose autoupdate versions" too.

Regards

Romulo Nascimento
Romulo Nascimento
AlexC-FTNT

Glad I could help, Romulo!

I'd appreciate if you marked the topic as solved.

It may help others searching for a solution as well.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors