Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Olimmu
New Contributor

Monitoring FortiGuard status

We have had a few issues with connections to FortiGuard. Recently we had to revert to default HTTPS/443 communication, after the UDP/53 we used as a workaround for previous issues became broken for unknown reason. 

We have now activated the 'Allow websites when a rating error occurs' option, and would like to add the FortiGuard status of all of our FGT's in our monitoring tool. I can't seem to find any related OID though, does somebody have suggestions how to tackle this?

(ticket ongoing concerning the issue with TAC, but I'm not very confident in a permanent solution)

1 Solution
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

@Olimmu , there are two sys events related to web filter that may have relationships with your need. Didn't try them but I think you should try explore them with automation stitch or with syslog.

12558 - LOG_ID_URL_FILTER_RATING_ERR
12800 - LOG_ID_WEB_FTGD_ERR

AEK

View solution in original post

AEK
4 REPLIES 4
jrue031
New Contributor

We are transitioning all our customers from Symantec endpoint to Kaspersky endpoint (centrally managed by us) and I'm struggling with connecting the network agents... with the Watchguard is very easy, traffic monitor -> filter by test machine IP, send an heartbeat with the Kaspersky utility, wait for the red entries, make a list of ports and protocols. Make the necessary outgoing exceptions and everything works!

https://omegle.onl/ vshare
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

@Olimmu , there are two sys events related to web filter that may have relationships with your need. Didn't try them but I think you should try explore them with automation stitch or with syslog.

12558 - LOG_ID_URL_FILTER_RATING_ERR
12800 - LOG_ID_WEB_FTGD_ERR

AEK
AEK
hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @Olimmu.,

You can use automation stitch to trigger an email alert when the connection to FortiGuard is down. Please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-configure-an-automation-stitch-to-g...

Regards, 

AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

There are two other sys events that may help.

32231 - LOG_ID_RESTORE_FGD_SVR_FAIL

32204 - LOG_ID_RESTORE_FGD_SVR

I didn't test them, just double check before use.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors