Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Monitor and Archive Logfiles

Hi, Is there any way to monitor the mail log files, when in gateway mode? We need to have a history of the mail flow since for at least 30 days before We search something like the *nix command " tail -f /var/log/maillog" for monitoring and the location of these mail files in order to transfer them in a server Fortimail is on v2.2. b057 Thanx,
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

i' m also looking for such capability but since there' s not much activity here i guess their anti-spam feature is quite limited. i found ironmail and since it' s BSD based it has such feature although it' s another appliciance to add. the one i' m trying is the base unit (1U). pretty difficult to configure i' d say thru it' s GUI. using a vanilla *nix would be easier. 2cents.
Not applicable

We are managing several Ironmails and the functionality is embedded, IM can transfer log files automatically to a server, and define a cleanup schedule to clear logfiles automatically.
Not applicable

FortiMail supports logging to external syslog server. You could configure it to log to external syslog server, as well as log to local disk on FortiMail.
Not applicable

Yes, agree, but in case that the device should use a remote syslog server, this method will either congest the wan link or cause to some entries to lost. If the ftp client (or server) was there, we could use a batch transfer, over the night.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors