Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CWM2111
New Contributor

Looking for Advice

My company is looking into deploying a solution for our small multi-building campus. The 3 buildings sit on approx. 3.5 acres of land and includes a 2-level parking structure. The Main office is a 2-story 15,000 Sq Foot office building. We also have a smaller office 8,000 sq ft 2-story building and a 50,000 sq foot warehouse. We will have a 1 Gbps up/down Fiber connection for our Primary ISP.

Additionally, we will deploy a 500 Mbps Cable ISP as our backup/failover. ISP services will be deployed in our server room on the 2nd floor of the main office. Services will be provided to 150 employees (including Warehouse staff) Additional must-haves are:

• Multi-Gig WAN and LAN capabilities.
  • 802.11AX Wireless solution
  • Inter-office connectivity
  • Connectivity to and throughout the parking structure
  • Centralize management (local and remote)

I haven't worked with Fortinet products so I am unsure which products would be right, or even which products work best with each other. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
akristof
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Thank you for question but for this, our sales and systems engineers will have better answers for you and they will be able to assist you and find the best potential solution:

https://www.fortinet.com/corporate/about-us/request-a-quote

Adrian
CWM2111

I was kind of trying to avoid reaching out to a sales team.  It's been my experience that you not only get a very pushy agent who is trying to meet a quota or get their commission but also get on an email list and spammed.  This is why I chose to create a Community profile with a personal email address and not disclose my company name.  Is there any way to get advice from the community?  I do understand once we choose a vendor for our project I will have to work with a  sales team, but I don't want to do that in the exploratory phase if that makes sense. 

Faiza_Emam_Delhi
Contributor II

For your small multi-building campus, Fortinet offers several products and solutions that can meet your requirements. Here is a suggested architecture using Fortinet products:

1. FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall: FortiGate appliances are designed to provide robust security and networking capabilities. You can consider deploying FortiGate firewalls at each building to handle the internet traffic and inter-office connectivity. Depending on your performance and budget requirements, you can choose a suitable model from the FortiGate series, such as FortiGate 100F or FortiGate 300E.

2. FortiSwitch Ethernet Switches: FortiSwitches offer powerful networking features and can be used to provide connectivity within each building. Deploy FortiSwitches in each building to create your local area network (LAN). You can consider models like FortiSwitch 224E or FortiSwitch 548E for higher performance and multi-gigabit capabilities.

3. FortiAP Wireless Access Points: If you require an 802.11AX (Wi-Fi 6) wireless solution, you can deploy FortiAP wireless access points throughout your campus. Fortinet offers a range of indoor and outdoor access points to provide reliable wireless connectivity. Models like FortiAP 431F or FortiAP 523E can be suitable options depending on your coverage and capacity requirements.

4. FortiManager Centralized Management: To centrally manage your Fortinet devices, you can use FortiManager. FortiManager provides a single-pane-of-glass management interface for configuration, monitoring, and security policy management. It can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud, allowing local and remote management of your Fortinet infrastructure.

5. FortiAnalyzer Logging and Reporting: Consider using FortiAnalyzer for centralized logging, analytics, and reporting. FortiAnalyzer helps you gain visibility into network traffic, security events, and user activity across your Fortinet infrastructure.

Additionally, you may want to consider Fortinet's SD-WAN solution, which can optimize network performance and provide seamless failover between your primary ISP and backup/failover ISP.

Thanks & Regards,
Faizal Emam
Thanks & Regards,Faizal Emam
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors