Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tomasDZP01
New Contributor

List of applications and their protocols

I`m new here and need help to create List of applications and protocols their use for external communications on our Fortigate devices (Fortigate 900D) including the application which use „tunneled protocols". The reason is, we`re using proxy device for „external communications“. On that device we have enabled functionality „bypass unknowns protocols“. We want to disable this options, but before that we would like to find out what type off applications/ports using functionality „unknown protocols“. Very good example is TeamViewer applicaiton. Teamviewer by default uses port 5938. Our proxy evaluates this connections like „unknown protocol“, and allowed/pass this communications, but our Fortigate device  blocked this communications because is on „blacklisted list“. However TV hide (use tunneled protocol functionality) under HTTPS and both devices (proxy and Fortigate (Fortigate NEVER analyse incoming communications from our proxy devices/header inspections)) allowed this communications.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @tomasDZP01 , 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

tomasDZP01

Hi,

Any update on my question?

Tomas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tomas,

Can you please refer to https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/handbook/527246/creating-services

You can configure the services from your end, but if for us to provide the list of application port and protocol, it will not be possible. You have to check with your vendor.

Hope this helps!

Regards

RJ 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors