Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Stephan_s
New Contributor III

Linux : unverified users in ems

Dear colleagues,

I added some users to EMS with different Operating systems / Platforms to have test-cases for all our used devices in the company. I did this by a Bulk-Invitation with SAML Verification. Now I noticed a strange behavior. Linux users, after they joined (with verification), their full domain users appeared (like a.lastname@company.com) but later, a second user appeared, without the domain ("a.lastname" in this example). The domain user is displayed as offline, the user without domain is online. Is this because the useraccount is not a real domain account? Do I need to use Domain-user accounts on Linux to get this properly working? Would be nice to be able to force unverified users to re-authenticate to get them back to the verified state without dropping and rejoin them. Normally I could just ignore the whole issue but the ztna tagging using group membership is not working with this.

best

stephan

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Stephan,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Stephan,

Which FortiOS version are you actually using?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Stephan_s
New Contributor III

Hello Anthony,

thanks for your reply. We were using 7.0.12, updated to 7.0.13 yesterday.

regards

stephan

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors