Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BusinessUser
Contributor

Licensing Question

Does these licenses come as default for 1 year?

"forticare support"
"firmware & general updates"

What happens if it is not renewed after a year?

Is forticare support like TAC support?

I realize that i cannot download firmware manually. Do i use forticloud to resolve this problem?

1 Solution
gfleming

Correct. Without an active support contract (or 90-days after purchase) you will not be able to download or access firmware updates or receive TAC support. 

Cheers,
Graham

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gfleming
Staff
Staff

FortiGates comes with one year of hardware support (i.e. if hardware issue it will be RMA'd best effort delivery) and 90 days of firmware updates and tech support through TAC.

You can purchase FortiCare for 1- 3- and 5-year terms. It gives you 24x7 TAC access and NBD RMA service and gives you access to Firmware updates.

You can absolutely download firmware manually. Go to https://support.fortinet.com and go to Firmware Download to download what you need.

Cheers,
Graham
BusinessUser

Hi so after 1 year and the "firmware and general updates" expires, I will be unable to download firmware manually?

gfleming

Correct. Without an active support contract (or 90-days after purchase) you will not be able to download or access firmware updates or receive TAC support. 

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors