Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Eric_chang
New Contributor II

LibreNMS does not recognize my Fortigate 80F wan2 interface

I recently acquired a Fortigate 80F firewall appliance and have been working on configuring the Librenms system to retrieve certain metrics from the 80F. I have successfully set up the SNMP protocol and can view most of the interfaces on the Librenms dashboard, but unfortunately, the WAN2 and only WAN2 interface is not appearing. The firmware version I am using is v7.2.6 build1575.

here is the screenshot from librenms

DG85qH.png

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on resolving this issue. Thank you!

1 Solution
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

There was an issue in the past related to the interface index for interface WAN2, can you try to set a higher value that is not used by other interfaces like:

config system interface

edit "wan2"
set snmp-index 33

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

There was an issue in the past related to the interface index for interface WAN2, can you try to set a higher value that is not used by other interfaces like:

config system interface

edit "wan2"
set snmp-index 33

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Eric_chang
New Contributor II

thanks ! you awesome !

but I'm still wondering where can I find documents about this "issue"

ebilcari

I'm glad it worked!

I searched and didn't find any public reference for this issue, maybe because is affecting only a small part of FGT HW models. I guess it will be fixed in the future releases and be present in the release notes.

- Emirjon
Eric_chang
New Contributor II

>>didn't find any public reference for this issue, maybe because is affecting only a small part of FGT HW models

I feel that a large company like Fortinet should not behave in this way. Even if it only affects a small portion of their products, people who purchase these products should have the right to know. In this case, if you had not informed us how to make the necessary changes, we would have had no idea what to do, and even our distributor was unaware. In any case, thank you for your help this time. If you are an employee of Fortinet, I hope you can help address this situation. Thank you!

ebilcari

I understand your concern. What I was referring is that since this behavior may affect only a small portion of physical devices it hasn't been reported as an issue (TAC ticket by a customer) or is not detected by the QA team. This issue should and will be properly fixed, what I have provided is just a quick workaround.

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors