Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ormust
New Contributor

Latest Forti-Client Fails With "Turn Off IE Security Configuration"

Hi everyone,

can some please help me with this warning on the latest FortiClient version? I turned off security settings in Server Manager and enhanced security in Internet Properties, but it didn't help. I'm not sure which settings are meant exactly.

I couldn't find any information about this particular message and setting in this forum or anywhere else. Usually there is plenty of how-tos for FortiClient, but not in this case. I'm guessing because it's new.

Thanks.

Best regards

"To make SSL VPN connections work, please turn off IE Security Configuration"

Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 10.01.49.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ormust, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team

birendrakumar

Hello,

Can you please confirm if you after having disabled IE enhanced security configuration, did then reduce the security level from 'High' to 'Medium-high' or 'Medium'. ?
If not please change the security level to medium and verify.

birendrakumar_0-1650379353774.png

Kumar_B
KevinFu
New Contributor

Hi, Ormust,

Please seen this link, maybe is can solve your problem. FAQs about Enhanced Security Configuration | Microsoft Docs

To turn off Internet Explorer ESC, follow these steps:

1. Enter Server Manager in Windows search to start Server manager application.

2. Select Local Server.

3. Navigate to the IE Enhanced Security Configuration property, select the current setting to open the property page, select the Off option button for the desired users, and then select OK.

4. Select the Refresh icon on the Server Manager toolbar to see the new settings reflected in the server manager.

Pela13
New Contributor

Hi, my laptop has been changed recently and since then I am having this same issue. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2 and FortiClient VPN 7.0.6.0290.

Thanks in advance for any help you can bring me.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors