Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
selassi
New Contributor

LAN and WAN application access failure

good day engineers.

i have a fortigate 900D that i configured an interface 12.X.X.1 i want to direct traffic through this port to the internet(0.0.0.0), LAN and WAN. i have configured on a client machine(test machine) the default gateway to point to the fortigate interface. this has given me positive results in connecting to 0.0.0.0 through forti gateway. however a new problem has started which i'm failing to understand.

1) i can ping, tracert and telnet to all WAN and LAN resources, meaning all my layer 3 is correct if i capture packets i can see traffic from user computer with syn and ack from target resources, for example a content server and a printer

the strange part is i cannot run the application to open the content server which i access on port 80 through a browser. but i can telnet to the same content server on port 80 and connection established.

i cannot print despite the fact that i can ping the print server.

i have a rule that allows traffic to the Lan and one for the WAN. i allowed ALL services for test purposes and will lock down once i i can get a working set up.

may i please know where or what i need to configure to pass this hurdle. i am kind of desperate and time is not favouring me so i will be grateful for any speedy response.

Kind regards

Forti guy

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors