Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
NgocAnhNguyen
New Contributor

Issue with Not Being Able to Connect Two Subnets Located on the Same Interface

Hello everyone,

Due to running out of addresses in the old subnet allocated for the server farm, I have created a new subnet in the same VLAN and placed it on the same port as the old subnet.

I am encountering an issue where I can't ping or connect from subnet A to subnet B and vice versa.

When I run a tracert from a server in the old subnet A to a server in the new subnet B, the packets are going out to the internet via the WAN interface.

Capture.PNG

Please help me . Thank you very much !

1 Solution
NgocAnhNguyen
New Contributor

@xshkurti Thank you for your information,

I have found a solution to resolve this issue.
In my static routing, there is a static route that directs all traffic to an external IP address to allow internal ranges to access the internet.
Therefore, when pinging from subnet A to subnet B, it will automatically follow this static route, and the reverse is also true.

I have created a Policy Route for my server farm subnets to not go outside and have set up a Firewall policy to allow all traffic from these subnets

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@NgocAnhNguyen 

Have you created a firewall policy that will allow packets from one subnet to the other?

check this link:
How to route/allow packets between 2 subnets on th... - Fortinet Community

If you have found this as a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

Regards!
@xshkurti 

NgocAnhNguyen
New Contributor

@xshkurti Thank you for your information,

I have found a solution to resolve this issue.
In my static routing, there is a static route that directs all traffic to an external IP address to allow internal ranges to access the internet.
Therefore, when pinging from subnet A to subnet B, it will automatically follow this static route, and the reverse is also true.

I have created a Policy Route for my server farm subnets to not go outside and have set up a Firewall policy to allow all traffic from these subnets

Capture.PNG

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors