Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
natcis
New Contributor

Is there any way to restore FortiClient VPN profile automatically on computers in my domain?

Hi guys,

Is there any way to restore FortiClient VPN profile automatically on computers in my domain with powershell script or bat file?

We are using FortiClient v5.2.6 and need to update to v7.2.2.

I have a backup profile made with FortiClient v7.2.2, and I want to restore the profile on computers in my domain.

I have nearly 1000 computers in my domain, so I can't just restore the profile manually.

Thank you in advance for your help.

current version: FortiClient v5.2.6

new version:FortiClient v7.2.2 (The VPN-only version)

3 REPLIES 3
aanstum
New Contributor

that would be a real help, my manager and i have been mulling ditching forticlient already, using the native client would be so much better as we could far more easily automate the config for users. the only thing is we have o365 SSO set up in our fortigate. the forticlient allows for in app 2fa or website 2fa, so i suspect if the native client supports o365 2fa then it would work. i might be able to leverage one of my fortigates that currently doesn't have an ssl tunnel to test myself as well.

VidMate
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Natcis

You may export the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient" from your configured FortiClient's host to a .reg file, then deploy the same file to the other clients with GPO or similar.

Bear in mind that the password will not be valid, so users will need to enter it manually.

AEK
AEK
natcis
New Contributor

Hi AEK

Thank you so much for your help.

I will give it a shot.

natcit

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors