Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
albaker1
Contributor

Is there a category that can be used to block AI websites?

There have been internal discussions about blocking *all AI websites, so I was asked if that could be done on the FortiGate. I don't see a category for this, but I did find a webpage that had something under General Interest - Business | Aritificial Intelligence Technology. However, I don't see that category in our FortiGate, which is running 7.2.5. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

Thanks

1 Solution
6 REPLIES 6
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Take a look at this article that uses ChatGPT as an example and filter based on app signature: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Blocking-Chat-GPT/ta-p/255020

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
albaker1
Contributor

Thanks for the response. I did see that earlier, but we need something that is automated. It's just not feasible for us to add these in 1 by 1 and then maintain the list going forward.

dbhavsar
Staff
Staff

Hello @albaker1 ,

- I tried to look for rating [ chatGPT falls under IT category ] so the only way is you can either create a static URL in web-filter and block that or you can block that using the application signature.

DNB
albaker1
Contributor

We're not just looking for chatGPT, so that is where the problem comes in. 

albaker1
Contributor

Thanks, amouawad.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors