Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Joe2
New Contributor II

Is there a FortiAP CLI command that shows the DHCP server IP address?

We have a FP421E AP that is running on version 6.0-build0075. I would like to know if there is a FortiAP CLI command that shows the IP address of the DHCP server that the AP used?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Joe,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Joe,

I have found this guide:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/7.0.4/fortiwifi-and-fortiap-configuration-guide/65088/for...

Could you please check it and tell me if it helps?

Regards,

Joe2
New Contributor II

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your prompt reply and your help.

Prior to opening this thread, I checked this guide and didn’t notice any command that shows the IP address of the DHCP that the AP used.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Joe,

Oh :(!

So let s continue to find something :)!

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

And in this document, page 23-24?:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/c3f3bf9d-a5fd-11ea-8b7d-005056...

Regards,

Joe2
New Contributor II

Hi Anthony,

Appreciate your help with this.

I checked the link (specifically page 23-24), those two pages are mainly about how to configure the FortiGate to be the DHCP server for the SSIDs. Doesn't seem to be related to how we can determine (from the AP's CLI) the IP address of the DHCP server that the FortiAP used to get it's management IP address.

Regards,

gfleming

I've checked and can't find anything, either.

May I ask why you are trying to determine this from the AP itself? There are other ways we can determine the DHCP server.

Cheers,
Graham
Joe2
New Contributor II

Hey Graham,

Thanks for checking. Yeah, it doesn't seem to be possible from the FortiAP CLI side.

I am used to Cisco products, and that was possible from the AP CLI. I wanted to check if the FortiAP have that as well.

Thanks,
Joe

justsomeguy
New Contributor

FortiAP-231F # get current info

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors