Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Kubajs
New Contributor III

Import certificate for SAML

Hello
I am trying to set up a SAML server for Azure in Fortimanager to configure the FortiGate firewall.

But I have a problem that I don't know where Fortimanager gets its Remote certificates from. I have the necessary certificates imported both in "System Settings"- "certificates" and directly in the FortiGate for which I want to create SAML. The menu only shows the basic certificates.

Remote certificate.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
rbraha
Staff
Staff

Hi @Kubajs 

Please check the documentation below ,it might help ,the certificate needs to be downloaded from Azure side .

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Technical-Tip-Configure-SAML-SSO-login-with-Azure-AD...

vraev
Staff
Staff

Hi @Kubajs ,

In order to get the global certificates synced from their location within the Device Manager database under the GLOBAL VDOM to the Policy & Objects database of the <name> VDOM we had to manually create new certificates under Policy & Objects > CLI Configurations > Objects > vpn > certificate > remote with an identical name that matches those in the global Device Manager database. We did also leave the field for actual certificate code (= remote) empty and selected range global.

Best,

V.R.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors