Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
veechee
New Contributor

IPSec VPN between FortiGate and Windows Azure cloud

Has anyone done this yet? If so, can you post the settings you used to get the VPN working? Fortinet: Can you make a KB article on setting this up? This is going to become more common as time goes on.
1 REPLY 1
veechee
New Contributor

RE: Azure Virtual Networks I spent about 4 hours trying to get it work last night and I had no success. There are some hits on Google about people that did it, but they are all from about a year ago, and since then Windows Azure has changed things. I searched for SonicWall and Watchguard configurations too in case I could translate those over, but still had no success. There are some technical details on what Azure supports for VPNs here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj156075.aspx I tried both static and dynamic, but spent most of my time on dynamic as I believe that corresponds to interface-based VPNs in FortiGate. In case anyone cares, my goal would be to run one or more Windows domain controllers in Azure. It looks quite easy to do once the VPN gets going.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors