Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PierreB
New Contributor II

IP Pool 6 interface choices

Good morning,
I am looking to set up IP pool6 as for IPv4. Only problem for IPv4 we can choose the attached interface in the case of SD-Wan use but not on IPv6 does anyone have an idea and will this be an additional functionality for next version. (I'm on the latest version 7.4.3)

Sincerly,
Pierre
Sincerly,Pierre
11 REPLIES 11
spoojary
Staff
Staff

You can check the release notes of the others when it will release, as of now I don't think they have that functionality.

Siddhanth Poojary
PierreB
New Contributor II

I can confirm that the functionality is not present at the moment, which is why I am asking if it can be added or if it is possible all the same.

Sincerly,
Pierre
Sincerly,Pierre
DPadula
Staff
Staff
PierreB
New Contributor II

Thank you for your comeback,
I answered below if you would be able to help me.

Sincerly,
Pierre
Sincerly,Pierre
PierreB
New Contributor II

Good morning,
thank you for your comeback. Does your tutorial allow you to do IP pooling on each sd-wan interface? or I don't really understand what this tutorial does. Is it to redirect the traffic that goes out on wan2 to wan1?

Or it actually does what I want.

Captazertyuure.PNGCaptzsedrftgyhujikolfzeure.PNG

Sincerly,
Pierre
Sincerly,Pierre
hbac

Hi @PierreB,

To associate ippool to a specific wan interface, please refer to this article: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-associate-a-NAT-pool-IP-pool-to-a-p...

Regards, 

PierreB
New Contributor II

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. I have already implemented this for IPv4 but for IPv6 it does not exist and I therefore want to implement it for IPv6.

Sincerly,
Pierre
Sincerly,Pierre
PierreB
New Contributor II

because in my case the Orange_FIB is my main connection and the SFR-LTE my backup connection (no load_balancing but really sends 100% of the flow and therefore I did not add the SFR poolv6 IP because otherwise it crashes either takes the orange as it should or it takes the SFR and suddenly makes it go out on the orange and therefore impossible as it is after the same IP range.

Sincerly,
Pierre
Sincerly,Pierre
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors