Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tuan2tech
New Contributor II

I cannot access some websites using Chrome browser

Hi you

I cannot access some websites using Chrome browser, but other browsers like EDGE or Firefox are normal.

I Determined the cause was due to the Web filter and created a ticket for the Fortinet but it has not been resolved. Can anyone help me fix this error? 

Chrome reports an error ERR_TIMED_OUT

1 Solution
nobox
New Contributor III

6 REPLIES 6
amuda
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Might be an issue with the Chrome itself since other browsers working fine. Have you tried to clear the cache / browse using incognito mode?

Amerul
APAC TAC
tuan2tech
New Contributor II

Used incognito mode but still can't access it. Even uninstalled and reinstalled it still doesn't work

princes
Staff
Staff

Hi ,

what did you see in the forward logs on fortigate ?

If you see anything like timeout on fortigate logs , that simply means traffic was forwarded through the fortigate , however there was no reply traffic for a particular period of time and it got timed out.

However since it is working with other browsers you may also consider trying with different versions of chrome.

Thank you.

Prince singh,

EMEA TAC

tuan2tech
New Contributor II

There is nothing unusual with the log, I have many client machines with the same problem.

Block_dantri.vn.png

nobox
New Contributor III

tuan2tech
New Contributor II

Thank you

I disabled Kyber in Chrome and it worked. But why does it only fail on a few clients?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors