Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
PKH
New Contributor

How to send Quarantine Mail instantly without schedule?

Hi there

we are using Fortimail 200D (with FW: v5.4,build692,170724 (5.4.0 GA)) and my question is, how to send quarantine mails to the recipient user instantly without scheduling only hourly?

thanks

Tom

FortiGate 100D V5.6 // Fortimail 200D V5.4

1 Solution
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm not sure if i understand your question; but if you don't want to use quarantine for spam detected, change the action in your relevant antispam profile. Quarantine it's not mandatory at all.

You could tag the detected spam, insert headers, notify the user with a notify profile and many other options.

regards

/ Abel

View solution in original post

regards / Abel
4 REPLIES 4
abelio
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I'm not sure if i understand your question; but if you don't want to use quarantine for spam detected, change the action in your relevant antispam profile. Quarantine it's not mandatory at all.

You could tag the detected spam, insert headers, notify the user with a notify profile and many other options.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
PKH
New Contributor

Hi Abel

thanks for answering :)

I want use the Quarantine function, but i want the fortimail so send the quarantine notification to the recipient user instantly, not in an hour...

abelio
Valued Contributor

PKH wrote:

I want use the Quarantine function, but i want the fortimail so send the quarantine notification to the recipient user instantly, not in an hour...

- define a notification profile with 'sent notification to recipient'  box checked

- edit default or specific action  to take in your antispam profile

done; you could  also have both aspects: quarantine+ instant notification to recipient

You could also customize the html sent in notification

IMHO this traffic could be annonying for your users in situations where lot of spam emails were detected, but that's your decision.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
PKH
New Contributor

Thanks Abel

in the default email template is only the notification, but without the release or delete option.

For release or delete is it possible to copy the source from the quarantine summary Email Template? am i right?

regards Tom

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors