Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
orangeverte
New Contributor

How to remove OSX version 5.0.2

Hi, After installing OSX Forticlient, and making some tests (all failed); I want to remove it. In manual (not update) place forticlient from Apps to trash... No forticlient in App. Data are in Library Support... I suppose there are startup script and other data. So where to find a correct solution to totally remove the product. For information, what doesn' t work (all) : - ANtivirus , Test with Eicar not detected ! very reassuring for the rest - App Firewall, a Try with P2P block... VUZE run without problem ! - Web filtering (parental control), all block... and nothing append, all site are accessible. - Vunerability check... Doesn' t detect patch already installed ! No information on reporting bug or other problem, so I try in forum. After such a success I want to remove it. Regards
7 REPLIES 7
orangeverte
New Contributor

I auto answer : If RemoveForticlient App doesn' t appear in Apps Folder (my case), reinstall the programm and REBOOT your Mac ! After an Uninstall App should be present. Close Forticlient (the uninstaller doesn' t close it !) and run uninstall... end with a reboot to be secure.
Chris_Lin_FTNT

- ANtivirus , Test with Eicar not detected ! very reassuring for the rest - App Firewall, a Try with P2P block... VUZE run without problem ! - Web filtering (parental control), all block... and nothing append, all site are accessible. - Vunerability check... Doesn' t detect patch already installed !
Are you sure you have FortiClient successfully installed? These features all work for us!
orangeverte

ORIGINAL: Chris.Lin Are you sure you have FortiClient successfully installed? These features all work for us!
First if installer was correct and not a downloader perhaps install works better. Second I don' t know if it was successfully installed, I simply try it on a Mac a post MY results. A totally fail. If it works for you (" us" ), I' m happy. I have to add I' ve declared with Mail an Imap account with some phising in email... and also nothing detected. I run update and no error message, so software is update and for me functionnal, after fail in real time manipulation of eicar, I try a scan (on demand), same result. After that, I lost so many time I just want to remove it, and you can read the begining of this post. Perhaps I' ll try forticlient 6 if it work...
Chris_Lin_FTNT

I have to add I' ve declared with Mail an Imap account with some phising in email... and also nothing detected. I run update and no error message, so software is update and for me functionnal, after fail in real time manipulation of eicar, I try a scan (on demand), same result. After that, I lost so many time I just want to remove it, and you can read the begining of this post.
What version is your Mac?
orangeverte

I' ve installed it on 10.8.3 (last stable). I don' t try it on 10.8.4 (still in beta and can of course create problem). We are thinking of migrating actual UTM to Fortigate so we try Forticlient on 1 computer (iMac) and report here problems discovered.
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

The app firewall does not work. and that has been confirmed by Fortinet.

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
alberto_agawa_FTNT

Hmm, this sounds interesting, not even detecting eicar. What was the type of the user? Administrator or Standard? Did you see a " Real-time Protection Enabled" under AntiVirus? If you enable debug, you may find out more. Here is how: 1. Unlock the FortiClient console 2. Open the " Preferences" page. 3. Go to the " Logging" tab and move the log level to debug. 4. Close the " Preferences" window. 5. Perform you eicar tests. 6. Please also try the other tests. 7. Export the logs from Preferences->Logging->Download Logs.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors