Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
echo
Contributor II

How to export, import and change settings?

Hello! I want to achieve two things. 1. I want to export _only_ VPN settings, not the whole configuration, to a file. How to do that? Export all and then modify manually? What should I keep and what not then? There is a lot of information in the exported file. 2. How to import _only_ VPN (if exporting only VPN is not possible) and disable the two other default GUI options (antivirus and parental control)? Has anybody done that, perhaps successfully? I don' t know the relations between parameters. We tried some obvious things to achieve this (by modifying the file), but still, unnecessary information is imported and disabling the unnecessary GUI options didn' t happen.
2 REPLIES 2
Warren_Olson_FTNT

echo when you export you should be exporting your *current* config. so whatever you import should be identical minus whatever changes you made(to vpn for example).
echo
Contributor II

We tried latest FortiClient 5.2 again and it turned out that this one had the option to install only VPN part. That did the trick :)
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors