Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
meeresfrüchte
New Contributor

How to define Gateway on WAN Interface ? FortiWIFI 60D

Hello, we have a Fortinet Wifi 60D.

Now we have received the access data from our new ISP in the form of IP address, subnet mask, gateway etc.

But I just can't find where I can set the gateway.

For your information:

• WAN Port 2
    gets its IP settings from the DHCP of the Fritz Box AVM router from Vodafone and is our current working connection.
  • WAN Port 1 has to be set manually by us.
    The IP address, the subnet mask and the gateway were given to us by Telecom.

I have read in other posts that this is only possible via a static route, is that correct?

Please find attached a network plan and our routing table.

The current static route is obsolete I think, because it was something the guy before my did for using VPN.

Right now we just need an easy setup, so if WAN1 ISP has a problem we just deactivate WAN1 and activate WAN2. No Loadbalancing, no automatic failover (maybe I like to do it in the future, but right now I just need the simple setup).

topologie.png

2024-05-22 09_03_26-ICS BuHa Server - AnyDesk.png

routing.png

1 Solution
ozkanaltas

Hello @meeresfrüchte ,

This one is correct. 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW

View solution in original post

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor II

Hello @meeresfrüchte ,

Yes, you are right. You need to configure a static route for the gateway.

When you want to change the ISP line, you can change the distance value in the static route or wan2 interface settings. Lower value has priority.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Sherman_P
Staff
Staff

Hi @meeresfrüchte

You may want to refer to the following KB if you intend to configure the automatic failover in the future.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Redundant-Internet-connection-without-load...

sw2090
SuperUser
SuperUser

if you are not using sdwan you have to have a static default route (destination 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0) for each wan and the Metric sets which one to use first.

With sdwan you have to set the gateway with the corresponding sdwan member.

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
meeresfrüchte
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for all the replys. So I have to do it like this ?

static route 1.png

Because I was confused that I have to put nowhere the Network Address, in our case:

Or more like this ?

static route 2.png

ozkanaltas

Hello @meeresfrüchte ,

This one is correct. 

image.png

meeresfrüchte
New Contributor

Hi and thanks to all. It really worked :)

For anyone here reading this with the same problem, don't forget to set a IP Adress for your WAN Interface BEFORE you set the route and disable another WAN.

Thank you very very much !!!!!!!!!

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors