Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
srinu_raj
New Contributor

How to check interfaces bandwidth more than a week

Hi FortiGate Techies,

1). I want know how to check the interfaces bandwidth utilization more than a week and in firewall it is showing only for 1 Week. i want 1 year utilization for the particular interfaces. by using Forti Analyzer also we tried to take the reports but in Forti Analyzer also it is generating total device bandwidth utilization not for particular interface.

2). And how to check the how much speed is going on my particular interface per second and this reports also I required for 1 year. 

FortiGate  FortiAnalyzer  FortiClient 

2 REPLIES 2
Christian_89
Contributor III

To check interface bandwidth utilization for a longer period of time (such as 1 year) on a FortiGate firewall, you can use FortiAnalyzer to collect and analyze logs from the firewall.

Here are the steps to check interface bandwidth utilization for a longer period of time using FortiAnalyzer:

1. Configure FortiAnalyzer to receive logs from the FortiGate firewall.
2. In FortiAnalyzer, go to the "Log View" tab and select the device for which you want to view interface bandwidth utilization.
3. Click on "Reports" in the top menu bar and select "Bandwidth".
4. In the "Bandwidth" report, select the time range for which you want to view interface bandwidth utilization. You can select a custom range of up to 1 year.
5. In the "Report Options" section, select "Interfaces" and choose the interface or interfaces for which you want to view bandwidth utilization.
6. Click on "Generate" to generate the report.

This report will show you the bandwidth utilization of the selected interface(s) over the selected time range.

To check how much speed is going on a particular interface per second and generate reports for 1 year, you can use FortiAnalyzer to create custom reports.

Here are the steps to create a custom report for interface speed on a FortiGate firewall using FortiAnalyzer:

1. In FortiAnalyzer, go to the "Reports" tab and click on "Custom".
2. Click on "Create New" to create a new custom report.
3. Give your report a name and select "Bandwidth" as the report type.
4. In the "Report Options" section, select "Interfaces" and choose the interface or interfaces for which you want to view bandwidth utilization.
5. Select the "Graph" option to create a graph of interface bandwidth utilization over time.
6. In the "Data Interval" section, select "Second" to view interface bandwidth utilization per second.
7. Set the time range for the report to 1 year or the desired duration.
8. Click on "Create" to create the report.

Once the report is created, you can view the interface speed graph for the selected interface(s) over the selected time range.

srinu_raj

Hi Buddy,

I Tried your points to implement but i didn't get the exact output what i want. for example i want port1 and port 10 speed and bandwidth utilization but in Forti Analyzer it is not showing the interfaces. can you guide me if it's possible to share screenshots it will help to me thanks in advance.

@Christian_89 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors