Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
technocite
New Contributor

How to activate port 80 in FortEMS to create a certificate with letsencrypt ?

I am migrating a Forticlient EMS on a new server (2019)

On the install, it seems that the IIS was running, so The EMS couldn't use it.

It's now using only 443 with https.

I have disables iis, but how can i turn on the 80 port in my current install of EMS to use letsencrypt ?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
hbac
Staff
Staff
technocite

Hello,

Thanks for the reply but i've alredy tryied it, but letsencrypt needs port 80 that isn't active on my EMS, that's my problem.

And i don't find out how to activate it

ozkanaltas

Hello @technocite ,

In my opinion, if you configure this area with port 80 EMS listens to this port. 

System Settings -> EMS Settings

image.png

Before making this change, my advice is to take snapshots from this machine in case things go bad.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
CatInHat
New Contributor III

To enable port 80 for your current EMS installation and use Let's Encrypt, you will need to configure your EMS application to listen on port 80. This may require changing your web server settings or the configuration of the EMS application itself. Check the EMS documentation or contact support for instructions on setting up listening on port 80 and configuring Let's Encrypt.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors