Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
iegarpong
New Contributor

How are FortiAPs?

Hello everyone,

We recently switched to an HA pair of 600E Fortigates, and it's been a good experience. We have an aging WIFI infrastructure and I'm looking at the potential savings of FortiAPs and I'm tempted, but I'm also a little skeptical.

We would need a new WLAN controller in the next few years, and all of our current APs are EOL.

How has your experience been with FortiAPs? We are looking at about 400 altogether, and I think it would mostly be 231Fs, although I'm noticing the 23JF is significantly less expensive and might also work for us in a lot of applications.

Thanks!

192.168.0.1 router login 192.168.l.l
1 REPLY 1
gfleming
Staff
Staff

The 23JF is a wall-plate/wall-mount AP. I doubt your current APs are all mounted to walls today? It's much harder to control RF when everything is mounted to the wall so I highly recommend not going for a large quantity of 23JF.

That said, FortiAP's are very good. There are lots of Fortinet customer using them in a variety of industries and densities and sizes of deployment ranging from small to very large.

I suggest reaching out to your account team to see about getting some FortiAPs to use in an evaluation/PoC and try them out for yourself. You will be impressed!

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors